Britain’s growing military commitment to Mali and West Africa is likely to pass 400 within a matter of weeks, sparking fears of “mission creep” and cross-party criticism that UK forces are being sucked into a Vietnam-style conflict without a defined exit strategy.
- MPs deliver final death blow to plans to redraw parliamentary map
- British National Party 'so poor it should sell scrap metal'
- Gamble for Africa: Mali mission sucks in 350 British troops
- Asylum-seekers 'forced into prostitution' by support system failures
- David Cameron accused of double standards by keeping Google head as adviser despite corporate tax avoidance allegations levelled at the company